Das offizielle Klomanager-Forum
DeutschEnglish RegistrierenAnmeldenHilfe/FAQsDisclaimerStatistikKalenderSuche
Klomanager - Hochgewürgt Topfree.de Impressum

Das offizielle Klomanager-Forum » Germany at War (2013) - Allgemeines » Keine Übersetzung vorhanden » Themenansicht

Autor
Themenseiten: Druckversion
06.04.2021, 10:01 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

So i had a little time to waste today and i played the Art of War campaign trying to get the Gold medal for it.

Not only was i limited to normal victories, which is sad, i also came across some mistakes:

The end of Belgrade looks like this in German:

And the campaign result was this:

And i did not get a well earned silver medal in the menu.

-----
Klomanager für PC, Mac und Android gibts hier: Klomanager - Hochgewürgt

Retrofreaks gehen auf www.atari-ste.org
Profil || Privatnachricht || Suche Zitatantwort || Editieren || Löschen || IP
07.04.2021, 10:11 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

Hi Ronald,

Did you get brilliant victory in any scenarios?

Kutno - using 2 Stukas for bombing and the remaining one for recon you should be able to finish the scenario in 5 turns. You will not take Kutno on turn 1 but you can bring 3 of your units next to it so the defenders cannot reinforce. Then you take Kutno on the second turn. Turn 3 is for finishing any units that may be retreating from Kutno, and Turn 4 and 5 for capturing Zychlin, the second objective. Unless the weather gets really bad (I call such scenarios Operation Thunderstorm a.k.a. Op. Donnerwetter) Kutno can be done in 5 turns.
Maybe I need to make an AAR for this campaign.

Eben Emael needs good luck to be completed as a brilliant victory as it must be done in 1 turn (the original scenario also has a 1 turn BV.)
The fortress itself is tough and there is also a guarded bridge that will take one of the airborne groups to attack it - I need to test it more times.

The message at the end seems to have a bug that can be fixed by the new editor, I need to take a look at that. And the campaign result needs texts it they are not there.

As this is a short campaign with small scenarios, I will take a look at it. I have not played it so many times, maybe 1 or 2, as the focus was on the large Eastern Front. You will ree a revised Art of War in a week or so.
07.04.2021, 12:12 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

Eben-Emael is a lottery. Even with a perfect plan you only have a 50/50 chance to get a brilliant victory for that scenario, so you may need several replays to get a gold medal.

There is one more problem with Belgrade: the ''drunk drivers problem''. Artillery Regiment 643 (the one in the middle) has fuel but cannot move on turn 1. The two other artillery regiments are not ready so they need to resupply first (in Op Barbarossa game Belgrade is a supply tutorial) but 643 should be able to move and fire on turn 1; even if it runs out of ammo and has to resupply on turn 2.

The campaign debriefing files are missing so I will have to add them.
08.04.2021, 02:43 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

I have an older version of Art of War campaign file, and it seems it has no mission debriefings at all - it would save some time and typing if I could get the one from the game.

As well as the Belgrade scenario. I will need to check the scenario end, it may have the 0-1-2-3 codes instead of victory/defeat. Also there is the drunk drivers problem in Belgrade scenario.

I also found a Dubno-Brody scenario for the Art of War campaign (it comes after Belgrade) and there is a Prague map converted from Op Barbarossa, units are in place but no events or briefings.
08.04.2021, 07:07 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

Themenstarter

Zitat:
AngrySwan wrote :Did you get brilliant victory in any scenarios?

No, i did not get a BV in any of them, but i think i did not play at my best either. I would have to play again to say more about the difficulty.

Zitat:
AngrySwan wrote :I have an older version of Art of War campaign file, and it seems it has no mission debriefings at all - it would save some time and typing if I could get the one from the game.

I will send you the data via email after this post.

Zitat:
AngrySwan wrote :I also found a Dubno-Brody scenario for the Art of War campaign (it comes after Belgrade) and there is a Prague map converted from Op Barbarossa, units are in place but no events or briefings.

An expanded version sounds like fun, Dubno-Brody is kind of a logical step, though it also is there as a single map - in Prague nothing was going on. it was literally for the first steps only teaching movement in the 2009 release.
-----

08.04.2021, 15:22 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

Some hints:

Kutno - aggressive attacks are the answer, together with some planning and recon. As you have 3 Stukas you can use some of them for recon (a Stuka regiment flying back to base can do a recon mission, or you can use 2 Stukas for bombing and the third one for recon. Weather can also have some effect on the results.

Eben-Emael - this scenario depends on the combat results. Even with the best plan the result may be not as good as expected and then you do not get a BV. This scenario may need several replays.

Belgrade - the drunk drivers problem has been fixed and with good use of artillery you can get a BV. The smart brains in HQ say tanks cannot attack cities. But sometimes they do, and they may even win, if supporte

Dubno-Brody - tested in the campaign, an interesting scenario. I renamed some units. The bombers are full strength brigades so I renamed them to KG 55 Greif instead of I/KG 55 Greif etc. As JG 3 Udett is only one fighter brigade, I will name the other fighter brigade JG 27.

About the debriefings, there is some addition to the text of Belgrade. The game editor does not show any additions. Maybe the hex editor can find them.
08.04.2021, 17:41 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

But sometimes we do, if supported by artillery and having :1 superiority. (The fact that tanks get minuses for city attacks does not mean they should never attack cities; in just means the attack will be harder.)

I would love to see a division of Panzer IVE or F1 with Panzergrenadier/Schutzen attachments attack a city, it should be possible in the German Offensives campaign. In another forum I once published an instruction how a division can get 5 attachments, you just need enough scenarios. The Art of War is too short for that.
09.04.2021, 07:26 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

Themenstarter
Thanks for the hints - once the fixed and expanded campaign is available i will play it once more to get a gold medal.
-----

11.04.2021, 10:30 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

Themenstarter
Hi AngrySwan,

so i got your updated version via mail and with your advise here achieved three brillant victories and i am at the new map of Dubno-Brody where i stop for today.

I did not play on the hardest level though, i left out detailed supply.

The bug in Belgrade is gone the units can move now in turn 1 and nothing else stuck out so far.

The report continues when i resume the offensive during the next days.
-----

11.04.2021, 14:39 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

Hi Ronald,

If you play with the standard settings (I never touch the resources per move) you can also do supply. These are short scenarios.
For Kutno you may need to resupply/reinforce the panzer regiments. By the end of the 5th day your infantry divisions may be short of ammo but they must be able to do the whole operation without resupply, there are not so many enemies.
Eben Emael is one move scenario (by the way, if you have an AAR for Eben-Emael I would like to see it.)
For Belgrade you need to resupply the artillery. Your panzers will have some losses, but with artillery support, they must be able to win; the opponent's defense is not that strong.
Dubno-Brody is an interesting scenario and there is more than one way to win it.
12.04.2021, 07:30 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

Themenstarter
Hi AngrySwan,

at this point i am even tempted to do a AAR of the whole campaign as it is very short and have played most things i only need to recollect them.

Eben-Emael is a bit different as its only one turn and i have to screenshot each move, but i see no problem with that.

Hopefully i have some energy left in the afternoons this week, so i can do a bit at a time.
-----

12.04.2021, 12:29 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

Hi Ronald,

It will be interesting to compare the tactics. In 1941 the Soviets printed a "Short information booklet about the German armed forces" (in Russian) and they say ''this is how Germans normally do it but they may do something different, they are creative.''

For Eben-Emael there is a super detailed plan and the HQ expects a report on the actions of each group and Fliegerkorps VIII.

Take your time, we both know that life is not a bed of roses...
13.04.2021, 11:22 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

Themenstarter
Hi AngrySwan,

one of my tactics, after i realized BV in Eben Emael is based on chance was to save before the attack and reload until luck struck...

Everything else was based on game mechanics...coming soon to a forum near you.
-----

Dieser Beitrag wurde am 13.04.2021 um 11:23 Uhr von Ronald Wendt verändert
09.05.2021, 07:18 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

Themenstarter
If you have read the AAR of the Art of War, you see the key of the brillant victory is an air attack on the forts.

Maybe the odds should be changed by editing the units to make a BV less (or better not at all) depending on luck ?
-----

11.05.2021, 07:47 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

Fighters can sometimes finish a weak enemy unit in the field (1-3 points) - but a fighter attack on a fortress is just wrong.

Maybe the attacking air unit needs to be a Stuka?

A more historical BV would look like this:

-Group Granit (that attacked the fortress historically and also is one of the strongest groups) attacks the fortress after an air attack and takes it or at least defeats the garrison.
-Group Beton (the other strong group) attacks the unit guarding the bridge in the South.
- Groups Eisen and Stahl (the weaker groups) take the unprotected victory locations.

As my ''older'' machine can also run Operation Barbarossa I will take a look at the Art of War campaign there.
12.05.2021, 06:19 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

Themenstarter
IF my tactics were flawless then it currently only depends on luck to get a BV.

That is not unrealistic in itself as many attacks in history needed a bit of luck (sometimes a lot of it).

Lucky leaders were always preferred by the common soldiers.

But if this should be solvable by the right moves, something has to be changed.

You could give the German units a level above their counter parts or lower the entrenchment of the Belgiums.

Changing the air unit could also work.
-----

12.05.2021, 13:37 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

This is a critical mission and must be done ''now or it is too late''. Like in Lwow scenario - the 1st panzer group must take the bridge near Lutsk by turn 3 or the Soviets will blow it (and only 9th panzer division with an extra supply unit can do it but the city is not urgent, it can be taken in turn 4 or 5.

There can be several ways, like giving tee Fallschirmjagers an attachment "+1 action point". With one more action point, the weaker groups (Eisen and Stahl) can help Granit to attack the fortress and then move to unoccupied positions, if that works (I have not checked it yet.)

Airbornes always need support of bombers. I use a Fallschirmjager division for clearing the way to that distant bridge in Smolensk mission and also for an attack on Pavlovskij Posad in Moscow scenario - and a Fallschirmjager unit needs an airstrike before it attacks.
12.05.2021, 16:15 Uhr
AngrySwan
Mitglied
Kloputzer

Historically Eben-Emael as captured by a group landing in gliders. There is a glider air transport in some Panzer General II equipment files but in game there is no difference between a glider and parachute landing. Just another transport slot and a different icon.

(Helicopters would be different, a unit can board them anywhere - not necessarily an airfield - land anywhere and after the mission is completed the soldiers can fly away in the same helicopters - but there were only first experimental helicopters in WW2, no transports and no helicopter landings.)

It would be interesting to see a kind of Fallschirm-Sturmpionier unit (the positions of Eben-Emael were destroyed with explosives) if someone has time and interest to make such a unit. It would be only available for Eben-Emael and maybe Crete.

Just for interest I will make an experiment with Granit as a Sturmpionier unit (standing on the ground as they cannot be paradropped and there is no airfield) and see what it can do to the fortress, without even using air support. A regiment of Sturpmioniere would not need air support to blow Eben-Emael as it is - the question is how to get the men there, if they are not airbornes and there is no airfield? And it is a Fallschirmjager tutorial so there must be the actual landing.

Maybe an Eben-Emael mini campaign, or another scenario added to Art of War? Scenario 1: Fallschirmjagers as they are land in positions while VIII Fliegerkorps flies a recon mission (and watch out for that Dutch airfield, they are sleepy and relaxed but it does not mean they are not prepared at all. Scenario 2: Sturmpioniere have landed and Granit takes Eben-Emael). If you have time, maybe you can make a Luftlande-Sturm unit, the data of Sturmpioniere and a paradrop ability (and forget the gliders). It would only be there for 1940 and expire before June 1941, or just be available in one piece for the Eastern campaign if the player finds it useful. I would use them in a couple of scenarios if I had them...
13.05.2021, 07:28 Uhr
Ronald Wendt
Administrator
Schüsselkönig

Themenstarter

Zitat:
AngrySwan schrieb :
Maybe an Eben-Emael mini campaign, or another scenario added to Art of War? Scenario 1: Fallschirmjagers as they are land in positions while VIII Fliegerkorps flies a recon mission (and watch out for that Dutch airfield, they are sleepy and relaxed but it does not mean they are not prepared at all. Scenario 2: Sturmpioniere have landed and Granit takes Eben-Emael).

With the time and space concept in GaW this would not fit too well i think. This sounds more like a closer up game with smaller unit sizes.

Zitat:
AngrySwan schrieb :
If you have time, maybe you can make a Luftlande-Sturm unit, the data of Sturmpioniere and a paradrop ability (and forget the gliders). It would only be there for 1940 and expire before June 1941, or just be available in one piece for the Eastern campaign if the player finds it useful.

I have noted the idea and will research & think about it in time. Might take a while though as even this hobby project has a huge list that i want to complete first.
-----

Seiten: -1-     [ ]  

Klomanager-Forum